University of Iowa
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
3:30 – 5:15 pm
Penn State Room (337), IMU
- Call to Order
- Meeting Agenda
- Faculty Council Minutes (October 6, 2009) (Attachment 1)
- Draft Faculty Senate Agenda (December 1, 2009)
- Committee Replacements (Edwin Dove, Chair, Committee on Committees)
- Scott Wilson (Internal Medicine) to fill the unexpired term of Michael Cohen (Pathology) on the Council, Spring 2010
- Erling Anderson (Anesthesia) to fill the unexpired term of Michael Cohen (Pathology) on the Senate, Spring 2010
- Gerald Jogerst (Family Medicine) to fill the unexpired term of Anne Sullivan (Family Medicine) on the Judicial Commission, 2009-10
- Susan Schultz (Psychiatry) to serve as a temporary short-term panelist on the Judicial Commission
- New Business
- Vesting (Sue Buckley, Vice President for Human Resources)
- Consensual Relationships Policy (Susan Johnson, Associate Provost for Faculty)
- Post-Tenure Effort Allocation Policy (Julie Andsager, Chair, Faculty Policies and Compensation Committee and Susan Johnson, Associate Provost for Faculty)
- From the Floor
- The annual Faculty Senate/Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce reception for area legislators will take place on Thursday, December 3, 4:30-6:00 pm, in the Old Capitol.
- The next Faculty Senate meeting will be Tuesday, December 1, 3:30 – 5:15 pm, Senate Chamber, Old Capitol.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be Tuesday, January 19, 3:30-5:15 pm, Penn State Room (337), IMU.