University of Iowa
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
3:30 – 5:15 pm
Penn State Room, 337 IMU
- Call to Order
- Meeting Agenda
- Faculty Council Minutes (November 18, 2008) (Attachment 1)
- Draft Faculty Senate Agenda (February 17, 2009)
- Committee Replacements (David Drake)
- Alan MacVey (Theatre Arts) to replace Jonathan Wilcox (English) on the Faculty Senate for the spring 2009 semester
- Carin Green (Classics) to fill the unexpired term of Douglas Baynton (History) on the Research Council, 2008-11
- Faculty Senate Elections Vacancy Tally (David Drake)
- Jean Jew (Anatomy & Cell Biology), new COIA representative
- New Business
- Update from the Faculty Athletics Representative to the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA (Betsy Altmaier, Psychological and Quantitative Foundations)
- Parental Leave Proposal (Martha Greer, President, Staff Council; Lynn Richman, Chair, Faculty Policies and Compensation Committee)
- Update on Searches (David Kieft, Office of the President)
- Provost Promotion Advisory Group (Susan Johnson, Office of the Provost)
- From the Floor
- Online nominations for Faculty Senate begin on Friday, February 6, at 8 am. Please encourage your colleagues to participate.
- The next Faculty Senate meeting will be Tuesday, February 17, 3:30 – 5:15 pm, Senate Chamber, Old Capitol.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be Tuesday, March 10, 3:30-5:15 pm, Penn State Room, 337 IMU.