University of Iowa
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
3:30 – 5:15 pm
Penn State Room (337), IMU
- Call to Order
- Meeting Agenda
- Faculty Council Minutes (August 25, 2009) (Attachment 1)
- Draft Faculty Senate Agenda (October 20, 2009)
- Committee Replacements (Edwin Dove, Chair, Committee on Committees)
- Michele Fang (Internal Medicine) to fill the unexpired term of Sara Copeland (Pediatrics) on the Senate, 2009-12
- Yasser Karim (Anesthesia) to replace Lucie Laurian (Urban & Regional Planning) on the Faculty Staff Parking Appeals Committee, 2009-11
- New Business
- Partnership for Alcohol Safety (Victoria Sharp, Faculty Fellow, Office of the Provost; Sarah Hansen, Office of the Vice President for Student Services; David Kieft, Office of the President)
- Office of the Ombudsperson Annual Report (Cynthia Joyce and Lois Cox, Ombudspersons)
- Funded Retirement and Insurance Committee Update (Sheldon Kurtz, Faculty Co-Chair, FRIC)
- From the Floor
- Faculty are needed for the Engagement Corps 2010 trip, May 19-21.
- University Stories for the Faculty Senate Governmental Relations Committee.
- The next Faculty Senate meeting will be Tuesday, October 20, 3:30 – 5:15 pm, Senate Chamber, Old Capitol.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be Tuesday, November 17, 3:30-5:15 pm, Penn State Room (337), IMU.
- The annual Faculty Senate/Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce reception for area legislators will take place on Thursday, December 3, 4:30-6:00 pm.