University of Iowa
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
3:30 – 5:15 pm
Senate Chamber, Old Capitol
- Call to Order
- Meeting Agenda
- Faculty Senate Minutes (December 2, 2008) (Attachment 1)
- Committee Replacements (Mike O’Hara)
- Alan MacVey (Theatre Arts) to replace Jonathan Wilcox (English) on the Faculty Senate for the spring 2009 semester
- Carin Green (Classics) to fill the unexpired term of Douglas Baynton (History) on the Research Council, 2008-11
- Jean Jew (Anatomy & Cell Biology), new COIA representative (Mike O’Hara)
- New Business
- Conflict Management Website (Cynthia Joyce, Ombudsperson) http://www.uiowa.edu/~confmgmt/
- Parental Leave Proposal (Martha Greer, President, Staff Council; Lynn Richman, Chair, Faculty Policies and Compensation Committee)
- From the Floor
- Alternative Spring Break (Kathy Klein, Past President, Staff Council)
- Legislative Forum, jointly sponsored by the Faculty Senate Governmental Relations Committee, the AAUP, and the League of Women Voters of Johnson County will take place on Saturday, February 28, 9:30-11:30 am, Emma Harvat Hall at the Iowa City City Hall.
- Faculty Senate elections will begin Friday, March 6. Please encourage your colleagues to participate.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be Tuesday, March 10, 3:30-5:15 pm, Penn State Room, 337 IMU.
- The next Faculty Senate meeting will be Tuesday, March 24, 3:30 – 5:15 pm, Senate Chamber, Old Capitol.
- Senators and Guests: Please be sure to sign the attendance sheet on your way out, if you have not already done so.
- Executive Session