University of Iowa
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
3:30 – 5:15 pm
Senate Chamber (Old Capitol)
- Call to Order
- Meeting Agenda
- Faculty Senate Minutes (November 27, 2007) (Attachment 1)
- Senate Replacements – (Michael O’Hara)
- Katherine Porter (Law) to replace Jim Tomkovicz (Law) on the Senate and Council, spring 2008. This appointment was made following the last Faculty Council meeting.
- Tung Yin (Law) to replace Jonathan Carlson (Law) on the Senate, spring 2008. This appointment was made following the last Faculty Council meeting.
- Howard Cowen (Dentistry) to replace James McPherson (Writers’ Workshop) on the Human Rights Charter Committee, 2007-2010.
- Anne Sullivan (Family Medicine) to replace Johna Leddy (Chemistry) on the Parking and Transportation Charter Committee, spring 2008.
- Faculty Senate Elections Vacancy Tally (Michael O’Hara)
- Update on Provost Search (Michael O’Hara)
- New Business
- Research Track Proposal (Steve McGuire)
- Peace Week Proposal (Evelyn Bottando, Department of Communication Studies)
- Proposed changes to the Ops Manual for DEO and Program Director Reviews (Michael O’Hara)
- Electronic Storage of Background Check Information (Associate Provost Susan Johnson; Larry Meyer, Human Resources)
- Directory Publication Review (Mary Greer)
- Draft of Consensual Relationships Policy (Craig Porter, Office of the Ombudsperson; Scott Moye-Rowley, Dispute Resolution Committee)
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 3:30 – 5:15 pm, Penn State Room, 337 IMU
- The next Faculty Senate meeting will be Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 3:30 – 5:15 pm, Senate Chamber, Old Capitol
- A Faculty Senate Symposium will be held Monday, March 24, 2008.